- Organization: Hugo House
- Date: May 13th
- Location: 1021 Columbia St, Seattle, WA 98104
- Description: Hugo House offers workshops to kids, teens and adults in order to expand the impact of the written word. Our 2 hour workshop will be lead by a resident teaching artist from Hugo House, who specializes in personal narrative storytelling.
- Instructor: Monica Cortes Viharo
- Date: 5/29
- Location: 6301 65th Ave NE Seattle, WA 98115
- Description: This workshop will be instructed by a 3rd year PhD Student at the UW School of Drama who also acts and works as a public speaking coach. She previously taught at a public speaking academy and will be using her expertise to help build our vital skill of communication through interactive activities and exercises.
- Organization: Reel Grrls
- Date: 5/20
- Location: 3309 37th PL S, Seattle, WA
- Description: Our instructor Nancy Chang is the executive director of Reel Grrls a non-profit program that encourages teens to express their voice through film-making. We will explore the art of videography and get a crash course in video production.
- Organization: Jet City Improv
- Date: 6/3
- Location: 5214 University Way NE, Seattle, WA 98105
- Description: Jet City Improv the biggest improvisation troupe in Seattle. We will be partnering with them for a workshop that pushing us out of our comfort zone and teaches us to speak up and share our voices.
- Organization: Youth in Focus
- Date: 6/28
- Time: 10am-2pm
- Location: 2100 24th Ave S #310, Seattle, WA 98144
- Description: Youth in Focus is an organization dedicated to impacting teens through photography. We will have a 4-hour workshop with a professional photography instructor from the Youth In Focus studio. Everyone will be able to take home a framed print of their work. No prior photography skills required!
- Organization: Seattle Art Museum
- Date: July 8th
- Location: 1300 1st Ave, Seattle, WA 98101
- Description: We will go through an interactive tour of the Yayoi Kusama: Infinity Mirrors exhibit and participate in a art-making activity inspired by some of the pieces.